Sunday, March 23, 2008

About Me

I was inspired by a friend to expose myself (a bit). I think its more therapy for myself than anything else. I wont disclose who I am, although anyone reading this will already know...

1. My last name is a biblical name, a relative of moses. I am an Atheist. I have been since I was 13.

2. I am a very solitary person. However, when I meet a new person I like to find out everything there is to know about them.

4. I like things (tv, books, movies) in which I can picture myself as one of the characters. If I can't personally relate, I probably don't like it.

5. My favorite show is The West Wing. I sometimes envision myself as Josh, but mostly as the President.

6. My favorite book is the "Time Traveler's Wife". I live and die every time I read it. Henry's life with Clare is amazing. I also wish I could time travel.

7. I am very political. I tend to vote Democratic, however there aren't any Democrats that are as socially liberal as I think they should be. If there was an Uber-Democratic party I would vote for them.

8. I love law school. Yes. I said it. I think that probably makes my a masochist. However, I have chosen to be here, and I hate when people complain about how hard it is, and how they hate it. So drop out! Get over it! Nobody is forcing you to be here. Its only 3 years of your life.

9. I miss the worst year of my life. When I was 23 I lived in a shitty apartment and a somewhat-crappy area of DC, with bugs and loud neighbors. However, I miss walking everywhere, riding the metro, listening to my mp3 player, reading on the train, walking home at 11pm from school listening to Dashboard, thinking how sad my life was. I miss that SO much.

10. I miss the best year of my life. When I was 22 I met R. She is by far the best thing that ever happened to me. Smart, Sexy, Fiery and bold. That first year was amazing. We experienced things together for the first time. We went places, like NY, Philly and DC and it was amazing. We had sex. Alot. We had a ton of fun. We were totally in love.

11. I fucked up #10 real bad. It will never be the same.

12. I run. I don't particularly enjoy it, but it is something I am proud of. I finished the Marine Corps Marathon a few years ago. Every time I wanted to stop, I thought to myself. I am doing this for people who can't get out of bed and walk, let alone run 26.2 miles. I raised thousands of dollars for people with AIDS/HIV.

13. I play the guitar. I never got as good as I had wanted. I was decent, but I faked it more than i made it. I miss playing in my old band.

14. I have always wanted to have a Harley.

15. I want to save the world. Whether it is as a leader (president, governor) or 1 person at a time as a lawyer. I vow to dedicate myself to helping people who have trouble helping themselves.

16. My eye sight is horrible.

17. I like to be the person that others come to for advice and knowledge. I don't like going to others for the same.

18. I like the idea of vacations. I don't always enjoy them, however.

19. I hate going to the gym. But I do it anyway.

20. I buy a new Dr. Grip pen for my first exam each year. I don't care if I have one, I need a new one in order to write an exam.

21. I am a Barack Obama supporter. If he doesn't get the nomination I WILL NOT vote for Hillary of John McCain. How can you choose between McDonalds and Burger King when you had Filet Mingon last night.

22. I feel like I don't have any friends.

23. I always thought I had a bad childhood. It turns out that it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was at the time.

24. I hated going to private schook K-4th grade. Even at that oung age I knew that it was too elitist and white, and that I needed more diversity. I went to public school starting in 5th grade.

25. I hated public school. I got picked on for being the new kid. I was geeky and had funny glasses. I liked to read books. I liked the Giants in Eagles country. It was awful. I had not friends. I wouldn't trade that experience for the world.

26. I had my first kiss at 14.

27. I lost my virginity at 14. I still can't find it.

28. Fight Club changed my life. At the time I first saw the movie, I had dropped out of college, and was very depressed. The part was where they pull the convenience store clerk and ask him if he would rather be dead than go back to school. I decided to go back to school.

29. I feel that if people knew the real me they would be scared.

30. I used to want to be a high school history teacher, a psychologist, a forensic criminologist, an FBI agent, a Biological anthropologist, a primateologist, get a PhD is History, and go to grad school in Government. That was all since I started college, and all before I decided to go to law school.

31. If I wasn't in law school, I would probably be pursuing a PhD in Biological Anthropology.

32. I am sad often, thinking that the best is behind me. See #10.

33. I fear that I am going to die young, from disease like cancer or AIDS.

24. I feel lonely when i am home alone

25. I love to hate TV, but really i like watching tv sometimes.

26. I associate music with events that happened around the same time.
Wallflowers One Headlight was my favorite song the day I got my drivers license.
Toad the Wet Sprocket's Fall Down reminds me of a girl i liked in 7th grade.
Smashing Pumpkins 1979 reminds me of driving around in the summer with my windows open.

27. I like Yuengling beer

28. I don't like kids. I don't want kids. I don't think that your kid is cure. Yeah, its true, get over it.

29. I don't have a 'type' when it comes to girls. I have features that I like, like nice lips, intelligent, and fun, but other than that I don't really have preferences.

30. I like some kinds of pain. I enjoyed getting my nipples pierced.

31. I read Postsecret religiously every sunday morning.

32. I've always wanted to write a book. I've never gotten past the second chapter on any of them.


33. I realized that I was done playing in bands one night unloading my half-stack at 3 am in a foot of snow.

34. I went skydiving. It was a big thrill, but not big enough.

35. I want to rock climb more often.

36. I've been to several nude beaches. I like nude beaches.

37. I was disapointed that when I went to the Galapagos I didn't see a whale shark.

38. I have been a manager at both big chain bookstores, and I hate both of them.

39. I can snap with my middle finger, ring finger and pinkey

40. I cheated on my first girlfriend, with my 2nd girlfriend. After I broke up with #1, she went through several years of a crappy life, doinig drugs, going out with seedy guys and stuff. I've always wondered if it might have been partly my fault.

41. My first concert was Green Day in 1994. My favorite concert was Pearl Jam in Camden in 2000, b/c I was in the 2nd row.

42. I don't relate to most white people. I feel like a minority that looks like a majority.

43. I cry everytime I watch the Obama video. http://www.dipdive.com/dip-politics/ywc/

44. I was a Nader supporter until I was driving to the polls. I voted for Gore.

45. I love science, but I am horrible at it.

46. I haven't been able to give blood since 2000 because I have Lymes disease.

47. I HATE reality tv

48. Alot of my friends are asses

49. I have a fear of being alone. Although I love my 'me' time.

50. I worry about living up to my potential. If I live up to it, then what will I do afterwards. It's only downhill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not fun or easy to do, but I do believe there's a therapeutic aspect to it as well. Also: really interesting to go back and re-read. I hadn't read mine in a year until you brought it up.