Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Wild

I am watching Into the Wild, instead of studying. But its ok, not a big deal. This movie, in a small way reminds me of myself. Although I find it difficult to think that i could ever just drop everything and hitchhike around the country. But in theory it sounds like a good idea. The freedom that one gains by giving up everything can be quite amazing.

Actually... that makes me think. Most of my favorite movies are about people who give up everything to figure themselves out. Once you strip away all the crap that people collect, and the commercial things people think they need, you are only left with yourself, and that is scary for most people. We just fill the void in ourselves with things, like clothing, devices, cars, expensive houses, etc...

It is very tempting to go into the wild and never come back. Very tempting.

No comments: